*List edited and updated (removal of Santino Hassell’s books)
Happy New Year everyone!! 2017 was just >.> yeh…anyhoo the one thing that kept me happy in 2017 was books, so that’s what’s going to keep me going in 2018, reading awesome books by old faves, new faves and highly anticipated debuts ^_^
So without anymore chatter here are the ten 2018 releases I’m looking forward to the most!
- Hurts to Love You by Alisha Rai: listen!!! I need some closure on these family secrets and I just *cries* need this book okay!! The first two were such great reads and this one has brother’s friend trope and yesss!! Also forced proximity cuz of a wedding hello yes this is all my jam!
2. Home And Away by Candice Montgomery: the more I hear about this book the more I neeeed iiiit!! It’s YA with a black girl MC (awww yesss) and her LI is a bi boy (hells yehhhh) I mean how amazing does this piece of the blurb sound? “Tasia Quirk has it all: she’s rich, she’s popular, and she’s the only girl on her high school’s football team” Here for iiiit!
3. The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang: the cover for this is so eye catching and the premise is so intriguing! heroine hires an escort to teach her about sex! The heroine has Asperger’s and so does the author so I’m definitely here for this!
4. Zero Hour by Megan Erickson: this books sounds awesome! And I’m all for reading more romantic suspense this year. Comp’d as The Fast and Furious meets Mr. Robot how could you not be excited for this? hackers! revenge! Sounds just like what i need to be reading in 2018 😉
5. The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory: This debut sounds adorable and a lot of fun. Also hi yes hello there’s a fake dating trope and you know that’s gonna cause allll sorts of fun.
6. Pretending He’s Mine by Mia Sosa: I read book 1 in this series last year and quickly fell in love with it so I’m so ready for book 2. And we have best friend’s sister as a trope in this so of course I’m on board. Also omg it’s got fake dating as well. whoo!
7. Chainbreaker by Tara Sim: From what I’ve seen on twitter from those lucky enough to get ARCs this book is gonna wreck me? I love a good roller coaster ride of emotions in my books so I’m eep scared and excited and TARA PLEASE DONT HURT MY CLOCK SONS!
8. A Princess in Theory by Alyssa Cole: contemporary royals romance with black leads yessss!! The hero’s an African prince and the heroine is apparently his betrothed what could possibly go wrong? lol 😉
9. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi: This debut sounds so good. Everything about this sounds amazing. I mean…
” Zélie Adebola remembers when the soil of Orïsha hummed with magic. Burners ignited flames, Tiders beckoned waves, and Zelie’s Reaper mother summoned forth souls.
But everything changed the night magic disappeared. Under the orders of a ruthless king, maji were targeted and killed, leaving Zélie without a mother and her people without hope.
Now, Zélie has one chance to bring back magic and strike against the monarchy. With the help of a rogue princess, Zélie must outwit and outrun the crown prince, who is hell-bent on eradicating magic for good.
Danger lurks in Orïsha, where snow leoponaires prowl and vengeful spirits wait in the waters. Yet the greatest danger may be Zélie herself as she struggles to control her powers—and her growing feelings for the enemy.”
Yes i copied the entire blurb because le gasp!! sounds great right?
10. Undone by the Ex-Con by Talia Hibbert: I started reading Talia’s stuff at the end of 2017 and I will now read all her other stuff and wait patiently for everything she has in the works. Luckily I won’t have to wait long for this one cuz it releases tomorrow!! Here’s the gist of the book: “heroine is a diabetic ballerina – hero is a socially anxious ex-con – class warfare, enemies to lovers – fake relationship…. but only to one of them.”
I’m sure I’ve forgotten tons of books but these were most on my radar but if you have recs for 2018 releases please send them my way and tell me what books you’re most looking forward to this year ^_^ I’ll just be waiting…
1 thought on “10 Most Anticipated Books for 2018”
I also have A Princess in Theory and Children of Blood and Bone in my list! As well as a few other romance and romanceclass titles. 🙂