Hello Hello I’m back with another top ten for 2017 because why not? This time around I’m focusing solely on my fave 10 #romanceclass books I’ve read this year. If you don’t know by now #romanceclass is a community of:
- Authors who attended #romanceclass, #romanceclass2016, the steamy reads, YA classes organized by Mina V. Esguerra
- Readers of the books by those authors
- Readers of English-language romance books by Filipino authors
Learn more here!
So here we go. In no particular order my faves:
- Scandalized by Tara Frejas
- cute budding romance
- i fell in love with Gabe and Fi befooore i ever read the book thanks to Tara’s character Whatsapp posts ^_^
- kpop fandom dramaaaaa
- fun banter (you know I’m a sucker for good banter)
2. Another Word For Happy by Agay Llanera
- gorgeous writing!
- great musical symbolism
- Filipino m/m coming out story
- honestly the writing is so beautiful i have to mention it again. so vivid.
3. Feels Like Summer by Six De Los Reyes
- cinnamon roll hero
- the heroine doesn’t hate the hero’s ex even if his band mates dub her evil!! the ex even helps Jett win him back at the end!
- cute band boys
- the heroine gets her period while over at the hero’s place and he send his friends out to get her supplies and takes care of her!! yes!
4. Better At Weddings Than You by Mina V. Esguerra
- veteran and newbie wedding planners! first book i’ve read with a male wedding planner 🙂
- heroine in her 30s just like meeee 😀
- the steamiest back rub scene I’ve ever read!
- adorable eating of cheesy snacks in bed post fun times lol
5. Summer Crush by Six De Los Reyes, Tara Frejas and Jay E. Tria
- all the feels
- crossover universe gloriousness from 3 of my fave romance class authors ^_^
- the song chapters are the best thing ever omg the musiiiic in this book
- the friendshiiiiiiips!!
6. Paper Planes Back Home by Tara Frejas
- made me cry >.> for real…it was just so lovely I couldn’t help it
- beautiful and unique look at the concept of limbo
7. The Last Time I’ll Write About You by Dawn Lanuza
- Not much of a poetry reader but this wow
- reading these I imagined them as songs
- shows the progression of a relationship and heart breaaaaaaak!
8. Don’t Tell My Mother by Brigitte Bautista
- f/f with such beautiful writing
- age gap
- funny and heart breaking at the same time
- almost made me cry
9. The Queen’s Game by Carla de Guzman
- contemporary Filipino royals romance yessss
- fake dating trope!
- princess with scandal in her past and devil may care way about her, excellent!
- klutzy prince with love of farming
10. You Out Of Nowhere by Jay E. Tria
- first release for steamier line of romance class books called Flair 😉
- engaging writing
- older heroine, younger hero helloooo
I’m looking forward to reading more from the romance class author’s backlists and new releases !